Weebly Review – Free Website Builder for All
→Last Updated: March 6th, 2014
Average Rating: 4.1 / 5
Number of Reviews: 16
OverviewWhat is Weebly? - Weebly is the designer from the American developers, created in 2007. To create websites by means of Weebly service, different widgets are used, thanks to which the process of building a page in the visual editor is performed with a few clicks. Weebly navigation is simple and is good because it offers a large number of functions and features for editing, but does not strain the complex administrative panel.
The main tools needed to create a site are hidden in 5 sections located on the top panel:
- Create - work with the structure of the page, adding widgets, text, multimedia. The main tab for the construction site;
- Pages - work with site structure. Add / delete pages, change the name, enter SEO parameters;
- Theme - customize the appearance of the site;
- Shop - all necessary functions for building and launching an online store.
- Parameters - general site settings: name, address, SEO, blog settings, application center.
Weebly is very easy to use!The use of Weebly is happening without any failures, thanks to the quick start guide. In fact, this is the same designer, but a little modernized. How does weebly work? The toolbar provides quick and easy Weebly for education and access to the necessary information. Get useful tips, view statistics, store orders, blog comments, Weebly offers and more. To create a website, simply select a topic and start filling in content. You can edit the content and change its location by dragging items directly to a web page without using a separate editor. There are many ready-made widgets and applications that you can integrate with just a few clicks: image galleries, slideshows, maps, audio, a search box, and more. You can also go beyond ordinary widgets using the Insert Code feature. You can add as many elements to the page as you see fit. The page will automatically stretch to fit the widgets and content you drag. Weebly constructor uses a “block model”, which means all the content, while dragging it onto the page, will fall into certain containers or blocks. This approach simplifies the transfer of existing content from one template to another in the future. When adding a new page, you can use one of the ready-made page layouts as an alternative to a blank page. There are more than 30 different design layouts, including the homepage, contacts, about us, creative menus for catering companies and restaurants and for the provision of services. When you select a layout, it will automatically add new elements to the new page. You can then edit, delete or add new elements to the selected layout. While Weebly is located on a free subdomain, you can use the system for free. All sites located at a free Weebly ratings have advertisements in the footer (footer) - "Create a free site." It is noteworthy that this ad looks tiny and beautiful compared to what other designers offer (in particular, Wix). You can create up to 10 sites within one free account.
Weebly PricingThere is a free version and four paid plans from $ 8 to $ 38 per month. Weebly does not insert third-party advertising. With a free plan, only a tiny footer link is displayed.
- Free rate: You can use it to see how the constructor works, but you should not pin high hopes on it. You can create a good website using a free account, but note that it will be placed on a subdomain, and the Weebly link will be displayed in the footer. When using the free plan, you will not be able to create an online store either;
- Initial ($ 8 / month): This is the cheapest plan according to Weebly price with no ads. When you switch to this plan, you can connect your own Weebly domain, set up a footer, upload your favicon, and also sell up to 10 products;
- Pro ($ 12 / month): this plan opens functions such as protecting the page with a password, searching the site and registering up to 100 participants. When choosing a Pro plan, you will be able to sell up to 25 products, while transaction fees will remain unchanged;
- Corporate ($ 25 / month): this plan removes a transaction fee, allows you to sell an unlimited number of physical and digital goods, and create coupons, including discounts in dollars and interest, in addition to other e-commerce options. Also, this plan allows you to register an unlimited number of participants;
- Performance ($ 38 / month): This is a full-featured plan that allows you to track delivery in real time, create gift cards and send up to 5 email lists per month. This plan also allows unlimited registration of participants.
Pros and Cons of WeeblyWeebly tries to justify the cost of tariffs by its functionality. Among the advantages of Weebly website constructor are:
- Attractive templates for personal website, blog or store;
- The ability to add your own design as a code, insert HTML-code into the body of the page;
- Weebly constructor is sharpened for the creation of online stores with an integrated basket, secure payment, built-in filters and other useful things;
- Weebly offers to manage the business from a mobile-responsive device through a special application that can be downloaded for free on the AppStore or Google Play.
- Limited selection of themes for the site;
- Commission from transactions at lower rates;
- Bad interface localization is striking.
Weebly FeaturesThanks to the flexibility of the designer Weebly, you can create various sites from portfolios to online stores.
- Shop online. The designer has its own e-commerce engine, which is filled with various business functions: product management, product search filter, delivery options, digital and physical goods, coupon designer, as well as a mobile application for store management and gift cards. Updating the Weebly system has led to the introduction of new tools to more flexibly display the window of new features for customizing the delivery and availability of order statistics. It also became possible to send automatic reminders to customers who have added products to their shopping cart, but have not yet made a payment. Bonus cards and automatic tax calculation are also available in the system;
- Marketing. A new Promote tool for modern e-mail marketing has appeared. The tool automatically generates messages based on the activity of registered users. Distribution statistics can be tracked in the toolbar section;
- User registration. More than three years ago, in July 2014, the creators launched the Membership Beta, and at the beginning of November 2014 its final version was officially released. Since this time, Weebly has been one of the few designers who offer the user management feature. Until recently, only Webs, DoodleKit and uCoz supported this feature;
- Blogging. A blog can be easily installed and configured. The system allows you to plan posts, pre-select social networks in which you would like to share planned articles, choose between different comment systems, including Facebook and Disqus comments, you can also specify meta tags for individual posts, add headers and footers for each post and much more;
- Site optimization. Weebly designer offers a standard set of SEO tools. You can set unique URLs for pages, customize headings, descriptions and keywords. You can also hide a landing page from a search engine by simply clicking the hide button.
Weebly App Center ObjectiveAssistance in creating attractive content and providing entertainment features to visitors. Let's look at some of the popular applications:
- PinPoll: is free Weebly membership application allows you to integrate interesting and attractive polls so that visitors can interact with your site and spend more time on it. The design of each survey can be completely changed using different colors and images. The app is responsive, so it will look and work fine on any device;
- LiveChat: is paid Weebly application allows you to integrate LiveChat software in a couple of minutes;
- Call-Out-Box: a free Weebly application that makes it easy to select an important piece of information using a special background and colored borders;
- The ability to specify meta tags for each individual page, internal statistics, the ability to add Google Analytics to extend the built-in statistics, 301 redirection.
Weebly Speed & SecurityYour website is a program, so it can be vulnerable. Weebly uses very simple technologies for the site creation, and therefore the site created in it is invulnerable. In a simple site there is no place where an attacker can enter. But if you are editing your site via the Internet, if your site has a section to manage site - then your site may already be subject to "attack" of viruses.
- The easiest way to hack a site is to pick a password. Therefore, use a fairly complex password to access the site management section. If your password is simple, the attacker will be able to quickly pick it up;
- Another way to hack is to search for vulnerabilities in the site program. Therefore, check whether the security features are built into the programs with which you build the site. All program codes for creating a site should be protected from hacking.
- Weebly hosting provides using modern versions of server software. Vulnerabilities and errors are detected from time to time in the software, and if the hoster does not update the server in a timely manner, your website will not only be vulnerable, but will also work slowly;
- Weebly makes backup, and in case of infection or damage, it will be able to provide you with one of the previous versions of the site, not yet infected or not damaged.
Weebly Templates and designIn general, there are three options:
- one can use drag-and-drop ready-made themes;
- configure any one (in addition to the standard WYSIWYG constructor, there is an advanced HTML and CSS editor);
- or use a third-party template - there are many designers who create custom templates, specially developing for this designer.
Weebly Customer SupportWeebly provides various types of support. Firstly, the control panel itself contains explanatory pop-up windows and tips that will help you easily explore the system. Secondly, you can take advantage of LiveChat Weebly support, as well as by phone and email. If you experience any problems, first visit the Help Center. It contains answers to frequently asked questions, many useful lessons and full information about Weebly costs. Weebly is also quite active on social networks. In urgent cases, you can contact via Twitter or Facebook.
Weebly SEO & MarketingWeebly Resource has an acceptable set of Weebly pros and cons for search engine optimization site. Weebly Optimizer provides: SEO settings for the entire project (parameters, general, SEO) and each web page separately (SEO settings, title, URL pages, description, keywords, header/footer code, hide from navigation), 301 redirect (redirect), connecting the Google Analytics statistics collection tool, specifying meta tags for confirming the rights to the site in Webmaster.Yandex and Google Webmaster Tools (position - header code). In this regard, Weebly does not stand out from the competition. And it is difficult to somehow stand out, letting me fill in the meta tags for the pages. Unless to make this process more convenient, add applications that allow you to track usage statistics and transitions from search engines for keywords. But nothing other than the standard settings, you will not find here. Although this is quite enough for a successful website promotion. Weebly SEO parameters can be found along this path: the “Pages” menu, then select the desired item and click on the icon next to its name, then go to the “Advanced” settings. Here you can set the title, description and keywords for the selected page. Nothing complicated, everything is standard within the Weebly sitemap. The main thing is to choose the right keywords and enter them into unique texts that fill the site. Further, like everyone else, wait. It is also recommended to add Weebly to the Google and Yandex panels to speed up the indexing of its pages. In addition, you can combine traditional text-based promotion methods with promotion on social networks and prominent video hosting sites like Youtube. Traffic from them can be significant, which will invariably lead to an increase in traffic from search results.
Connecting domain to Weebly siteAfter registering on Weebly and creating the site, you need to connect the domain name to it. To do this, follow the following path: => Options => General => Website Address => Change, and choose from the proposed:
- Use a third-level domain of the form - the name.weebly.com (at a free rate, with great functional limitations);
- Register a new domain (it is meant to do this with them, but very expensive, the first year is free, then from $ 20 per year);
- Use a domain that you already own (purchased from another resource).
- NS1: ns1.weebly.com;
- NS2: ns2.weebly.com.
Weebly PaymentsPayment of goods via Weebly resource is available only in two ways: by credit cards and using PayPal.
Weebly Promo Codes & CouponsYou can always get a discount on an order or another nice bonus, this is one more argument for Weebly being the best website builder. Promo code - a unique combination of symbols and numbers, giving the buyer a certain bonus. When you enter the "magic word" in the field designated for it during the checkout, the script is triggered and the purchase amount is recalculated. Weebly Promotional codes are beneficial for both the platform and users. by means of coupons Weebly encourages visitors to make a purchase right now. Regular customers receive individual promotional codes, which again and again return them to their favorite store. And the user, in turn, saves money and receives nice gifts.
ConclusionAs a constructor Weebly is performed at a high level. There are minor flaws, but they fade against the background of the overall power and convenience of the platform. Judge for yourself: the convenience of the admin panel and the beauty of the Wix / uKit templates are combined with functionality that is very close to uCoz. Almost ideal. Competitors are hard to beat Weebly - it has no significant shortcomings, except for one. It's about the cost of creating a store. With a serious attitude to sell, it makes sense to take only Business. The first two tariffs are limited by the number of added goods (10 and 25) and sales commission. It is unlikely that you will be pleased. What is weebly used for? You can create a website in the Weebly constructor for free, i.e. customize the design, create an unlimited number of pages and fill them with content. The volume of the site should not exceed 500 MB. But such sites are closed from being indexed by search engines, cannot be connected to their own domain, and their services are advertised on their pages. Naturally, premium Weebly themes are deprived of all the tools for doing e-commerce. On the other hand, even at 1 fare you can make an excellent business card (portfolio, landing, corporate). Some platforms have the most affordable pricing plan present formally - huge restrictions do not allow its use. Here the process is organized more honestly. It makes sense to purchase either 1 or 3 subscription if you need a store. General verdict - Weebly is worth of attention. Definitely, this is one of the premium SaaS platforms according to Weebly reviews. You will pay for quality, convenience and pleasant impressions from the development.
Weebly Example Sites
Weebly User Reviews
- “I launched online web comics Avalon california.com on the Weebly platform in January 2015. I had minimal programming skills, but I was able to create a functional website with the help of Weebly tutorials and excellent technical support. Hosting has an amazing value for money! My only complaint is that during lunch and early evening, Weebly becomes slow and not responsive. I use their cheapest paid service, but Weebly-Chat did not promise any faster service for more expensive rates. In Weebly, they tell me that this is my problem, but I can quickly go to other web hosts and see that this is not the case.”;
- “Extremely user friendly: easy and simple to create a website and blog Weebly is a great site for creating a website and a blog. It is so simple that anyone with an absolutely technical level of zero can make a website within minutes. The only reason why I do not give him a 5-star rating: a) The SEO section is underdeveloped. For example, the fact that adding an object to an HTML header is not the same as adding an object to a page / site header; b) It is necessary to improve the aesthetics of the blog page, allowing more extensive use of images for the blog name and the “more” format (read more).”;
- “Tested on their own and others' sites designer, unique content and can be promoted, customers are satisfied with the ease of site editing, ideal for business cards, the store does not work with our currencies, use equid.”;
- “I make a website on Weebly. Everything suits, but such a question does not give rest: I have a lot of external links to other sites on my site. To prevent search engines from indexing these links and robots to pass through them, it is necessary to put a NOFOLLOW tag on each link.”
Weebly FAQ Section
How to setup google analytics on Weebly?To lead the resource to the top search engines without analyzing data from web analytics systems is almost impossible. With the help of Weebly Google Analytics counter, you will understand who visits your site, what requests users come to and what information they are looking for. To start collecting statistics, create a new analytics counter and set its code on all pages of the site. But if you need to install Google Analytics on Weebly, then the code must be integrated into the template file. Google Analytics counter can be installed on the site with Weebly by means of three ways:
- Edit files using FTP;
- Add code to the template through the admin panel;
- Install plugin;
- Toppers, according to Weebly review located at the top of the screen and looking like a strip with a field and a button. Perform information function, informing about promotions and discounts, and can be used to collect contacts;
- Flor performs the same functions as topper, but is located at the bottom of the screen;
- Pop-ups that overlap the page of the site. Weebly widget which is used for messages about various promotions or for offers to leave contact information;
- Labels are located on the side of the screen and are used to get feedback from site visitors;
- Embedded widgets.
Is weebly safe?Yes, administration ang Weebly customer service is doing everything possible so that the sites created using this resource could withstand viruses and hacker attacks (SSL security);
How to change font in weebly?You can edit the site/change font created using Weebly, at any time convenient for you. To do this, you need to log in to your Weebly account, then select the site that you want to change, and click the "Edit" button;
How to unpublish weebly?To manage a paid subscription, go to the “Services” section in the control panel, select the “Paid orders” item in the menu on the left and click on the “Manage subscriptions” link on the page that opens. On the subscription management page you will find information on the date of the subscription, its actual start (if the previous payment period was not completed at the time of ordering the service) and the date of renewal. Click on the "Unpublish" button to cancel the subscription. After successfully canceling your subscription, you will see a message indicating that there are no active subscriptions; Weebly tips and tricks - if you want to go beyond what the system offers in its official theme library, you can completely change the look with the HTML and CSS editor, which provides the ability to preview changes made to the template code in real time. Weebly has a visual editor, WYSYWIG. This means that all actions that you perform in the editor are immediately visible. You can also switch between computer and mobile versions and edit them both;
How to add subpages in weebly?The latest version of Weebly Site Creator has a mobile editor, which is as convenient as a computer editor. However, although this will help to easily set up a mobile view (using the same drag and drop tools), it should be noted that there is no way to create a separate mobile version. Weebly's iOS and Android applications let you manage your site directly from your phone or tablet. In particular, you can:
- post text, photos and videos to the blog;
- share your posts through connected social media accounts;
- view blog comments;
- respond to comments using the app;
- add new products, product options, photos, descriptions and prices;
- track, manage and process orders;
- receive notifications each time you place a new order.